If you’re planning a road trip, it might seem like you just don’t have enough time to prepare for everything. One thing you should make sure you do before you leave is to come in and get some auto service done! You wouldn’t want to add time to your trip just to focus on fixing your car. Toyota of N Charlotte has put together a list of things to make sure you get checked when bringing in your car to our N Charlotte dealership.
Auto service before you go
Making sure that your car is ready for a road trip should be one of the most important things on your checklist. Spending your vacation in an auto shop isn’t exactly the most fun you could have. A trip to get auto service for your N Charlotte car could prevent this from happening. Here are some of the essentials that we suggest getting checked:
- Tires – Checking your car tires is an integral part of your auto service prep for a road trip. You want to make sure that none of your tires have bumps or objects stuck in them. If you were to drive on damaged tires, it increases your risk of getting a tire blown out. You also want to make sure the tread on your tire isn’t worn, so they can grip the road more easily. And don’t forget to make sure you have a spare!
- Windshield wipers and fluid – You never know for sure what type of weather you’ll have to drive in when leaving the N Charlotte area. Not to mention, if you’re driving on the highways you’ll have to deal with bugs splattering on your windshield. Making sure that your windshield wipers are functional and that you have enough wiper fluid will help you have maximum visibility.
- Battery – Before leaving on your trip, you should make sure to get your battery tested. You want to make sure it can hold a charge. If it’s not, or it’s getting old, our auto service team can help pick a new one out for you.
- Oil – Make sure you’re not going to need an oil change before going on your road trip. If you calculate your miles and it turns out you’ll be due for one, stop by our N Charlotte dealership to get an oil change before the trip.
- Car Inspection – Our auto service team will make sure that when you bring your car in for an inspection, we’ll check for any sort of problem. This could help prevent bigger problems later.
Car maintenance in N Charlotte
If you find something wrong, or want to leave the car inspection to the auto service professionals, come by our N Charlotte dealership before your trip! We’ll help you get rid of any doubt you may have about your car making the drive issue-free.
Our service center at Toyota of N Charlotte is open six days a week. Schedule an appointment today by calling (888) 378-1214.