One Suspect Arrested In Series Of Armed Robberies
Simms is charged with three counts of Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, four counts of Conspiracy to Commit Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, Attempted Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon.
The charges are related to robberies at the CVS on Mallard Creek Road, the Busters on Old Concord Road, the CVS on N. Sharon Amity Road, and the Friendly Pharmacy on Little Rock Road.
The investigation is ongoing. CMPD asks that anyone with information please call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
[Original post from April 20, 2017]
CHARLOTTE, NC — CMPD is asking the public for help in identifying suspects responsible for a series of armed robberies at local businesses.
According to reports, two suspects are wanted in the robberies of six businesses between December 29, 2016 and April 20, 2017.
They are described as black males, around 6 feet tall, with skinny builds. Police say one suspect has dread locks, and the other has short hair with a long goatee and facial hair.
Below is a list of robberies the suspects are believed to have been responsible for:
- April 20, 2017, at approximately 1:30 p.m., two suspects robbed the Friendly Pharmacy, located at 517 Little Rock Road.
- March 16, 2017, at approximately 6:35 p.m. two suspect robbed the Pike’s Pharmacy, located at 2133 Shamrock Drive.
- February 7, 2017, at approximately 8:39 p.m., one suspect robbed the CVS, located at 2035 N. Sharon Amity Road.
- February 6, 2017, at approximately 2:48 p.m., two suspects robbed the Busters business, located at 8125 Old Concord Road.
- January 31, 2017, at approximately 9:04 p.m., one suspect robbed the CVS at 10515 Mallard Creek Road.
- December 29, 2016, at approximately 8:15 p.m., a male suspect robbed the CVS located at 11430 N. Tryon Street.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.