Part of maintaining your ride and exacting a top-notch performance out of it every time you turn the key is treating it to auto service as needed… and that includes seasonal auto service. As the temperatures drop and the roads become slick, you have to think about your car tires and whether or not they’ll be able to handle things! That’s where our Charlotte Toyota service center comes into play – we can help you both choose the right type of tires for winter weather AND maintain them. Let’s get started!
Let us help you choose the right car tires for your drive time
First of all, what type of car tires should you purchase? Your best bet is probably all-season or winter, but they’re not the same and you should choose carefully between them. Here are some points to consider when deciding.
- If you drive a lot in harsh weather conditions – lots of snow and ice – you may want to choose winter tires. These Charlotte car tires are built to handle slick conditions; they have deeper tread and varied tread patterns in a special rubber to offer you a better grip on slippery surfaces. However, if you don’t face a lot of winter weather, these tires may be a waste of money.
- If you drive in winter weather that’s milder – we’re talking flurries and a bit of ice – you may be able to get away with all-season tires. These Charlotte car tires are acceptable for all seasons (ergo the name), and are versatile enough to handle most types of road conditions. They also are a bit quieter than winter tires.
Maintain your tires with Charlotte auto service this winter
Once you’ve chosen the type of car tires you want installed on your ride, it’s time to learn how to maintain them. Our Toyota of N Charlotte service center can set you up on a maintenance schedule and shoot you an email, snail mail, or phone call when you’re due for an appointment. You’ll need to keep up on things like:
- Tire inflation – keeping your tires inflated to the proper PSI to enhance traction and fuel efficiency
- Tire rotation – to even out the wear on your tires and ensure they have a longer, more performance-driven life
- Tire condition check – a visual inspection of your vehicle’s tires for problems with bulges, blisters, sidewall damage, and visible tread bars. Basically, anything that could cause a blowout or flat.
It’s especially important to maintain your vehicle’s tires with routine Toyota maintenance in the winter. Harsh weather conditions, extreme temperatures, and difficult drive times can put them through the wringer, and the last thing you want in icy conditions is a blowout or flat tire.
Ready to schedule car tire service, or looking for affordable new tires to put on your ride? Call us today – we’re ready and waiting for you at (888) 883-3797! Ask about our Charlotte Toyota service specials to save big bucks!